dimecres, de març 22, 2006

She's coming... and it's for real!!



I was in my teens. I loved music (I still do), and I loved her. I was crazy for Emmylou Harris. Together with my friend Jorge, we used to listen to her warm sweet songs. Her songs were the soundtracks of my love affairs. We wrote a letter to her fan club in the States... and we received a hand written reply!! I still remember, she said: "For Richard, all the best". And she signed it!
I have never forgotten her songs. In fact, I've never stopped listening to them. One of my biggest disappointments in life was when, years ago, one day I got a call from Jorge saying that she was giving a concert in Barcelona. But, just my luck! I was flying to England that very same day with some students from my school... no escape! I felt down in the lumps, but there was nothing I could do... and now she's coming back! I just read it in the newspaper this morning. She will be at Palau Sant Jordi on the 13th of june, together with Mark Knopfler. I've just learned they are about to publish a new record of duets. And they'll be on a tour... and in Barcelona. I'll run for a ticket. And I'll see her on stage. I'm not a teen anymore, but she still makes me tremble like a leave when she sings.