dijous, de gener 25, 2007

Shivers...

I'm reading a book by Frank Schätzing... The Swarm (El Quinto Dia in Spanish). It is a very good book, indeed. Long as it is, you never find the time to put it down.



http://bilder4.weltbild.de/kno/1163/11637472z.jpg



It deals with the fight of makind to survive a global threat coming up from the deep, and it covers computer science, ecology, biology andp politics, all perfectly threaded in a thrilling mess all through 881 pages (mind you, I'm right through two thirds of the novel, and how am I enjoying it!).



Yesterday I watched a piece of news on the telly about a creature from the deep that came up to the surface in Japan... a frilled shark... It looked like a monster to me. It is a very old species, and just the look of it made me think of the lurking dangers from Schätzing's book. The truth is that now I'm aware of the fact that the unknown mysteries are not so far... just 10.000 metres below!



Un tiburón 'prehistórico', filmado vivo en Japón





powered by performancing firefox